Thursday, 03 September 2009

I am not who you think I am

I was on my way looking for an apartment to stay here in Baguio City. As I was walking, I noticed the ad says "Room for Rent please inquire inside." There I went inside. I was welcomed by the landlady and showed me the unit. It was comfortable, the room is big enough for someone like me to put in my things. Overlooking the window is a skyline at night. I found it the perfect place to stay. I told the landlady that I will rent it. I was asked to pay a specific amount to reserve the space. I was provided with a form to fill up for the formality of my stay. The landlady asked me where I came from. I said I am from Mindanao and then asked me again what my religion is then I said I AM A MUSLIM. She directly told me that "We do not accept Muslim occupants." I was so speechless then that I was not able to utter a word or two. I just went out of that apartment with my teary eyes asking myself "What wrong did I do?" I am rejected because ISLAM is my religion. I am disliked because I am a MUSLIM. But the very truth is that I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog